Since I have faced issued to upgrade my PC to latest Windows10 version and no useful community guide so i found it useful to share my experience and steps without deleted any of “VMWare” folders in your machine
Here is how to Fix it
- Open this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO
- Under “Create Windows 10 Installation Media”, click “Download Tool Now” .
- Click “Run” or “Open file” in the lower bar of the screen.
- If you see the User Account Control window, click Yes
- Click Accept Terms and Conditions
- Select “Update this PC Now”.
- The download will start. Just click ok, yes or I accept for the next message.
- Wait until it is complete and your device will restart automatically.
If still get same error you need to do fresh installation using Please follow these steps:
1. Please access this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10
2. Click on “Download Tool Now”
3. Run the Tool
4. Accept the license terms page
5. Choose on Create installation media for another PC, and then select Next.
6. Select the language, edition, and architecture
5. Select USB This process may take about an hour or two to complete the downloading process
Until your device is forcing you to update to the latest version. You will see a prompt that you need to update your device as soon as possible. Also, this is the process for custom installation: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install-winpc/how-to-perform-a-custom-installation-of-windows/38adfa8c-32f8-4354-8c53-13b5f2cf7e44
If you want to proceed with custom installation, you may back up the installers of your app because the apps will be deleted on this process.
You can contact Microsoft back on this link if you need further assistance: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contact/chat/4
I am a Senior Architect with a passion to architect and deliver solutions addressing business adoption of the Cloud and Automation/Orchestration covering both Telco and IT Applications industry.
My work in carrier Digital transformation involve Architecting and deploying Platforms for both Telco and IT Applications including Clouds both Open stack and container platforms, carrier grade NFV ,SDN and Infra Networking , DevOps CI/CD , Orchestration both NFVO and E2E SO , Edge and 5G platforms for both Consumer and Enterprise business. On DevOps side i am deeply interested in TaaS platforms and journey towards unified clouds including transition strategy for successful migration to the Cloud
Please write to me on firstname.lastname@example.org