Cisco Latest report quantifies in 2019 1272 breaches that exposed 163M customer records . In a 5G and Cloud connected world to adress security concerns 5G Security SA5 and community defined some key principles that we must adhere to build dis-aggregated Networks .
1. Use of SUCI (Subscription concealed Identifier) to ensure even during first Latch the subscriber ID is not sent as plain test
2. 5G Auth and Key Agreement uses private/public key something very familiar to Cloud hyperscalers to grant resource access
3. Before device join network the Core will validate device then the device authentication start (This architecture make use of AMF ,UDM and AUSF and SEAF)
4. Use of Network Slicing in NPN and Public NW to ensure only users can reach his service slice only
5. To solve issues that limit operators use of encryption on Iu interface is addressed in 5G with the use of Data validation to ensure even protected streams can have integrity check
6. The New SecGW (Security end point GW) to tunnel the Radio GnB traffic directly at access/metro
7. API and Digest level protection for MEC and Developer system combined with security DDoS ,Malware protection
8. IdM and HSM for Infra security
For details refer to latest info graphics from Samsung
#Cyber #Security #Cloud #Infrastructure
I am a Senior Architect with a passion to architect and deliver solutions addressing business adoption of the Cloud and Automation/Orchestration covering both Telco and IT Applications industry.
My work in carrier Digital transformation involve Architecting and deploying Platforms for both Telco and IT Applications including Clouds both Open stack and container platforms, carrier grade NFV ,SDN and Infra Networking , DevOps CI/CD , Orchestration both NFVO and E2E SO , Edge and 5G platforms for both Consumer and Enterprise business. On DevOps side i am deeply interested in TaaS platforms and journey towards unified clouds including transition strategy for successful migration to the Cloud
Please write to me on firstname.lastname@example.org